- The movie had to be from the last 20 years. I know there are plenty of awesome movies that are deserving of being on a list like this but we wanted the more recent ones. Sorry Dirty Harry.
- No War Movies. Come on ... if we included war movies that would take up half of our list.
- It must be about Cars, Guns, Violence or Getting Laid.
- It must make you feel more macho or cooler after watching it. No sappy crap unless it's used to get a manly point across or to make fun of someone.
- It needs to have a strong story with good dialogue and at least one character who portrays a 'Guy's Guy' type of personality.
- It needs to have some great one-liners
- Finally it should be a flick that Guys love and most chicks hate.
While compiling this list I found that somebody had already tried to create a list of the 50 greatest guy movies. He failed miserably. Sorry pal. Who freaking rates Braveheart in the top 10 of guy movies and places movies like Kingpin and the 5th Element ahead of Tombstone and the Boondock Saints? Fail!
Anyways after seeing it I realized nobody would dare accuse me of copying that crap. So onto Irish Road's list of the Greatest Guy movies of our generation.
15. Terminator 2: Judgement Day10 yrs after the first Terminator was sent to destroy Sarah Connor A new terminator is after her son, John Connor, the leader of the resistance. In an attempt to preserve his life humans from the future send a protector to save John. It was probably Arnold Schwarzeneggar's most famous role to date and the movie in which he delivered the extremely overused and very famous lines, "I'll be back" and "Hasta la vista, baby." The movie was ground breaking for it's action and sci-fi movie genres as well as it's use of CG technology.
14. Gone in 60 Seconds
Nicholas Cage, A smokin' hot Angelina Jolie, 50 exotic cars stolen in one night. You don't need too much in the way of a plot with those elements in the movie. After his little brother gets into trouble for botching a car boost Memphis Raines returns to his old stomping grounds to finish the job for him and save his life. The plan is to steal all 50 cars in one night. The movie culminates on the final car when Memphis faces his unicorn, the '67 Shelby Mustang. Famous line of the movie: "What's more exciting having sex or boosting cars?" "How about having sex while boosting cars?"
13. Reservoir Dogs
It's a Quentin Tarantino movie so what else are you going to expect but great dialogue, guns, and violence. Reservoir Dogs is about a jewelry heist gone wrong. After it's revealed there is a traitor in the mix the players start to turn on each other. The movie has every type of violence imaginable from a torture scene to a Mexican standoff in which the traitor is revealed and the characters kill each other off. Famous line of the movie: "I don't wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you're standing in my way, one way or the other, you're gettin' outta my way."
12. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
In this movie, directed and written by Guy Ritchie, four friends put their money together to play in a high stakes poker game in order to win some easy money. They get into trouble when Harry the Hatchet cheats to win their money and put them into debt another five hundred thousand pounds with only a week to pay it off. In classic Guy Ritchie fashion their are multiple story lines in the movie that all tie together in the end when the friends are bailed out of trouble with remarkable luck and find themselves close to another fortune. Famous line from the movie: "If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya."
11. The Way of the Gun
8. Pulp Fiction
7. Fight Club
5. The Boondock Saints
If you haven't seen this movie yet you should just go get your balls removed. It's that simple. For god's sake the movie title is a sexual innuendo. You've got a guy named Bullet tooth Tony, another named Boris the Bullet Dodger, Frankie Four Fingers, Brick Top. There's some badass scenes where people are killed. There's Jewelry theft, Bare knuckle boxing, unlicensed boxing and Irishmen. What else do you need? Once again, in this Guy Ritchie flick, it's multiple stories tying together to make one kick ass film and our top choice for Greatest Guy Movies of our generation. Famous line in the movie: "Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got 'Replica' written down the side of your gun... And the fact that I've got 'Desert Eagle point five O'... Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off!"