Friday, December 5, 2008

NFL PICKS: Week 14



THURSDAY DECEMBER 5th

Oakland Raiders at San Diego Chargers (-10)
After watching the Raiders lose to the Chiefs last week ... The Chiefs? There was no way I was going to take them against the Chargers.
Chargers -10


SUNDAY DECEMBER 7th

Jacksonville Jaguars at Chicago Bears (-6)
I believed in the Jaguars breaking out of their funk one too many times this year. After hearing Fred Taylor call the 2008 Jags the "Worst team I've ever been on" there's no way I'm taking them again.
Bears -6


Minnesota Vikings (-8) at Detroit Lions
Runhigh #1 rule of picks: Don't bet on the Lions. Done and done.
Vikings -8


Houston Texans at Green Bay Packers (-7)
The Packers are one of those teams who I believed in earlier in the season and blew their second half of the year. The Texans should bring some momentum of a Monday Night win into this game. If the Packers win it definitely won't be by 7.
Texans +7


Cleveland Browns at Tennessee Titans (-10)
The Browns and their 3rd string QB going against the Titans and their defense? I hope you brought a couple more backup QB's because Albert Haynesworth is going to feast on them today.
Titans -10


Cincinnati Bengals at Indianapolis (-11)
I heard a crazy stat this week that the Colts haven't won by more than a touchdown all year. Maybe I'm making this up or something but after checking I found that other than them crushing Baltimore in week 6 their biggest win was by 6 points over Houston. But not picking them to destroy the Bengals is going to take a few more beers. Luckily that's what this site is about.
Bengals +11

NOT!!!!!!!!!! You didn't seriously believe I'd do that right? The Bengals are the Lions of the AFC!
Colts -11


Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints (even)
Am i crazy or is this one easy? Not Big Easy but an easy pick? What does Vegas know that I don't?
Falcons win


Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants (-8.5)
A classic NFC East division matchup. I like the Eagles chances ... even in New York. Don't get me wrong. The Giants still win but I think the Eagles keep it close.
Eagles +8.5


Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos (-8)
The Chiefs did well to beat the Raiders in Oakland but this day they'll get blown out by the Broncos in Mile High.
Broncos -8


Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills (even)
I can't believe in the Bills anymore. I tried to hold on as long as I could because they were my sleeper and they fired out of the gate to begin the season. But after 4 straight losses, a win against lowly Kansas City, and then only posting 3 points against the 49er's at home in another loss I'm not picking them again.
Dolphins win


New York Jets (-8) at San Francisco 49er's
As I write this I'm watching VH1's Brooke knows best. Why am I telling you this? Because talking about Brooke Hogan is a hell of a lot better than talking about a certain Jet's QB who wears #4. Plus it gives me an excuse to post a picture of Brooke Hogan in a tiny little bikini.

If her show literally wasn't the only entertaining thing on right now I wouldn't be watching it. She is probably the dumbest woman on TV currently. But with airbags like those I guess she doesn't exactly have to be a genius. Or even of average intelligence. Oh yeah ... the pick.
Jets -8

New England Patriots (-7) at Seattle Seahawks
Things can't get much worse for the Seahawks and their fans .... well they could. The Seahawks could decide to pack up and move to Oklahoma City (What? Too soon?). Things won't get any better for the Seachickens today. After getting manhandled by the Steelers D the Patriots will want to exact revenge. And they have a perfect, weaker foe to take it out on today.
Patriots -7

St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals (-14)
The Rams have pretty much been destroyed by every team they faced this year. And I mean a double digit massacre in most of them. I think the Cardinals pull this one off and win by 2 TD's.
Cardinals -14

Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers (-1)
You've gotta be freakin' kidding me right? The Steelers are only favored by a point after marching into New England and handing them an ass whoopin'? This game is too easy to call. Silverback is going to put Tony Romo on his back more times than Johnny Knoxville did to Jessica Simpson during the filming of Dukes of Hazzard.
Steelers -1

Washington Redskins at Baltimore Ravens (-7)
I hate to say this as a Steelers fan but I love Joe Flacco. He's going to be a great QB. With everyone talking about Matt Ryan this year it's easy to forget that Flacco is a rookie too. I think Flacco is better and should be the leading candidate for Rookie of the Year. It makes you wonder what should of been if that douchebag Wannestedt played him as the starter at Pitt. That being said this matchup should be better than expected. Washington has been a better road team this year than home team and with the closeness in proximity of the teams the Redskins fans should travel well in this game. I look for the Redskins to keep it close and maybe pull it off at the end.
Redskins +7


MONDAY DECEMBER 8th

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers (-1)
In the NFL's matchup of the week the Bucs and Panthers battle for control of the NFC South. I've stated numerous times that the Panthers were quietly rolling through their season under everyone's radar. I didn't think they could go into Green Bay and win last week and they proved me wrong. Now they get the Bucs at home with a chance to put themselves in first place in their division. But don't under-estimate Jon Gruden's defense. The Bucs will battle with Carolina's offensive line all night. Jake Delhomme will have to be exceptional tonight to pull it off.
Buccaneers +1

Last Week: 10-6
Season Record: 104-86-1

No comments: