Thursday, September 4, 2008

NFL PICKS: Week 1




Let me start off by saying that I in no way claim to be in expert in football picks or anything football related. The fan in me though loves to compete in any way that I can and will do my best to pick the winners. I will however claim to mock the Sports Guy from ESPN's Page Two for repeatedly getting his ass beat by his wife in his football picks. Yes she beat me too but she wasn't my wife. So suck it Sports Guy!




Anyways, here's my picks!




THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 4
Washington Redskins at New York Giants (-4.5)
I don't know about you but I can't take any team in Week 1 against the Superbowl champs unless it's the Patriots who would obviously be seeking some major revenge. Not in New York. Not with the spread only 4.5 points. I know it's a divisional game but I gotta take the G-Men and the spread.
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 7
Detroit Lions (-3) at Atlanta Falcons
I don't know how you can pick the Lions ever but I think this year I may adopt one of Runhigh's 2008 Season Rule of picks. And that is never bet on the Falcons. Of course they could shock the hell out of us and be mediocre. But I'll take the Lions -3 until the Falcons prove us wrong more than once.
Seattle Seahawks at Buffalo Bills (-1)
The Sea-chickens looks to be an NFC power this year and they may be one of the top 5 teams in the league. But then again they could turn out to just be a playoff team from a weak division. The Bills defense had an impressive preseason and their offense could do enough to win a few in their tough division. The Bills are my sleeper this year. I'll take the Bills -1 at home.
Jacksonville Jaguars (-3) at Tennessee Titans
The Jaguars are an early favorite to compete for the AFC title this year. They've done nothing in the Off-season to prove otherwise. They play a tough hard nose D and their offense only got -better as the season progressed last year. The Titans still have a lot of issues to work out.
Jaguars -3.
New York Jets (-3) at Miami Dolphins
I really hate the Jets. The Dolphins just suck. I don't get why the Jets are the sleeper pick this year. How can a team who made so many high profile free agent signings and trades be a sleeper? I don't get it. They'll be my 2008 season disappointment. I'm not retarded though. I'll still take them against the Phins. Jets -3.
Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots (-16.5)
This is a joke right? The Chiefs? AT New England? No Way. I got the New England Patty-Cakes and their -16.5.
Tampa Bay Buccanneers at New Orleans Saints (-3.5)
I don't know. I always hate picking the Saints until after week 8 when you find out which Saints team shows up. Drew Brees is a decent QB but only has one post-season win. It's just a lot of bits and pieces in a formula that doesn't always work. The Bucs could surprise a lot of people this year. If you don't prepare for them right their D can make you look stupid. I'll take the Bucs +3.5.
St. Louis Rams at Philadelphia Eagles (-7.5)
I hate the Philthadelphia Iggles. Their city smells and since that loser who voted them #1 fans from Fox Sports didn't man up and post his name I'm picking against them. Go Stephen Jackson! Rams +7.5.
Houston Texans at Pittsburgh Steelers (-6.5)
I'm a Pittsburgher and I know I have a tendency of making the 'homer' pick. Steelers -6.5.
Cincinnati Bengals (-1.5) at Baltimore Ravens
I can't take a team with such a young QB controversy like the Ravens have until they prove something. Couple that with a Chad Ocho Cinco who wants to put on a show with his new jersey flare and you've got the Cincy Bungals -1.5.
Carolina Panthers at San Diego Chargers (-9)
This is a tough call. I love the Chargers to win and win big at home but I'm trying to picture them up 9 on the Panthers. The Panthers like the Saints though are one of those teams who I hate picking for or against until around week 8 when you've figured out which team has shown up. Chargers -9.
Arizona Cardinals (-2.5) at San Francisco 49er's
I like the Cardinals this year. They are a constant disappointment as a sleeper pick but that's always because they are a 'sexy' sleeper pick. Nobody has them this year. They can be Steelers-West because of all the former Steelers on the team (coaches/players) They'll be my NFC sleeper. Cards -2.5.
Dallas Cowboys (-6) at Cleveland Browns
I hate you Cowgirls. I hate you more Brownies. Cowgirls in a blowout and the -6.
Chicago Bears at Indianapolis Colts (-10)
I love the Colts and I love Peyton. They've had some Offensive Line injuries and Peyton is a little sore lately. But they've been unstoppable in September the last couple years. Until they are proven otherwise I'll take them to win. But I don't think this one will be a blow out. The Bears keep it close. Bears +10.
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 8
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers (-2.5)
An early match that will be so critical to who will win the NFC Central Division. I'm not really surprised at how many people love the Vikings this year but I don't see them being at the top level of the NFC yet. They need more than Adrian Peterson. Aaron Rodgers is ready. Eff Brett Favre. Rodgers wins over Green Bay in his first start. Packers -2.5 with ease.
Denver Broncos (-3) at Oakland Raiders
Its a good thing that most people will be asleep for this one. In a laugher Broncos -3. *Yawn*

No comments: