Saturday, November 29, 2008

NFL PICKS: Week 13



THURSDAY NOVEMBER 27th

Tennessee Titans (-10.5) at Detroit Lions
Don't bet on the Lions! Come on ... anyone who thought the Lions would keep this one close was retarded.
Titans -10.5

Seattle Seahawks at Dallas Cowboys (-13)
See above. The Cowboys before this game had held 3 of their last 4 opponents under 100 yards rushing. With the Romo-Owens connection re-established you had to know this would be a blowout.
Cowboys -13

Arizona Cardinals (-3) at Philadelphia Eagles
I love the Cardinals this year and I had a lot of trouble going against my sleeper but they are ineffective every time they play on the East Coast. You had to guess that 'What's a Tie' McNabb was going to come out gunning to prove to everyone that he's not the one you should be benching.
Eagles +3

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 30th

San Francisco 49er's at Buffalo Bills (-6)
Well I've been very dissappointed with the Bills as of late. They are playing in a very tough division this year but have not been strong the last couple of weeks. They caught a break last week when they played the Chiefs. Trent Edwards may have just needed that little reset to get himself going again. I like my sleeper in this game.
Bills -6

Baltimore Ravens (-5.5) at Cincinnati Bengals
The Lions of the AFC going against one of the best defenses in the league? This one seems like a no brainer. I like Joe Flacco to keep up his impressive rookie season and to pick apart the Bungals. Once again look for the Ravens to get an early lead and the Cincy crowd to start booing their team.
Ravens -5.5

Indianapolis Colts (-8.5) at Cleveland Browns
With Peyton picking apart every defense he faces lately it's hard not to imagine the Colts winning by double digits in the Dog Pound. With Brady Quinn out now it doesn't look too good for the Browns offense either. But Derek Anderson is no slouch. I think he'll have enough to keep it close.
Browns +8.5

Carolina Panthers at Green Bay Packers (even)
I like Green Bay at home. They've been struggling lately but I'm not all for picking a team from the south to go into Lambeau and win in the cold weather.
Packers win
Miami Dolphins (-10) at St. Louis Rams
The Dolphins double digit favorites??? That's crazy. Of course when the opposing team is the Rams it's less crazy. The Rams have had 11 games so far and were beaten by double digits in 8 of them. I think Chad Pennington can pass all day on this team.
Dolphins -10
New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (even)
The Saints are only 1-4 on the road this year and the Bucs haven't lost at home yet. I look for this trend to continue.
Buccaneers win
New York Giants (-4) at Washington Redskins
The Giants are beasts on the road this year with a 4-1 record. They have already beat the Redskins once this year in an earlier matchup. I've got a feeling that Manning will own the Redskins again. Especially since the Redskins haven't been impressive playing at home.
Giants -4
Atlanta Falcons (-1) at San Diego Chargers
I feel like I get burned anytime I pick for or against these two teams. My gut feeling says take the team that needs this more and I think that's the Chargers at this point.
Chargers +1
Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots (-1)
I know the Steelers don't exactly have a good track record in New England but I hope they feel insulted that they are the underdogs for this game. Matt Light isn't going to be enough to stop this defense and Cassell will eat the turf all day. Steelers 27-13
Steelers +1
Denver Broncos at New York Jets (-8.5)
I hate you Brett Favre. I hate you I hate you I hate you! I think Denver and Jay Cutler actually play better on the road than they do at home. Their Defense is terrible though and Favre has just been tearing it up lately. He should be able to put up a double digit victory at home.
Jets -8.5
Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders (-6)
Which Raiders team is going to show up today? The one that just smashed the Broncos in Denver last week or the ones who were held under 20 points 8 times this year? I'm going to expect an upset from the Chiefs.
Chiefs +6
Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings (-1.5)
In the battle for the NFC North I like the Vikings and Adrian Peterson to have a good day at home and take the lead in the division.
Vikings -1.5
MONDAY DECEMBER 1st
Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans (-2)
Jacksonville has had an extremely dissappointing season so far. They were a favorite to dethrone the Colts in the division before the season started. Now they are an underdog to the weak Houston Texans. I still think they are a better team than the Texans are and should be able to win in a weak Monday Night showdown.
Jaguars +2
Last Week: 8-8
Season Record: 94-80-1

No comments: