Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Irish Road Head: Natalya Rudakova


If you have been living under a rock or just aren't a real man who watches MMA (where they play the trailer a hundred times) you might not know that Transporter 3 is about to come out. Again Jason Statham drives a car around really fast with a bunch of very manly action scenes where he beats the crap out of some thugs. In this film his new love interest is very new and very unknown beauty Natalya Rudakova. How unknown? Well let me put it this way. The film's writer Luc Besson walked by her in the street and made her take acting lessons so he could cast her.

"She just passed by me and I noticed her freckles and blue eyes. I was with my assistant and I said, 'Are you seeing this?' "Of course, if I said to her, 'Hey, I'm Luc Besson,' she'd probably run, so my assistant asked me if she should ask her if she's a model or something, so she'd feel more comfortable.
"So I proposed to her if she wanted to try to act and my assistant and I went back to Paris and we gave her some 25 lessons. We prepped her for about six months and then we brought her to Paris to verify if she was ready or not... We had a couple of other girls auditioning to frighten her, but, honestly, she was very good on the screentest, so we hired her."

I guess that's how the great ones are discovered.







1 comment:

Mrockwood said...

Though her acting is getting flamed by net critics, she's a pleasure to watch on the screen. I took in the movie after reading rather negative reviews and was entertained. Mostly by the usual Transporter features. Add to this Rudakova legs which make up 65% of her total body length. Particularly the scene of her walking away from Jason/Frank's car on the bridge. And those freckles. One can't help but wonder how much more of her they cover.
MRock