Wednesday, August 20, 2008

John Challis



All of us in Pittsburgh have been made aware of this inspirational kid from Freedom over the last 2 years. Anyone who hasn't been touched by him at one point or another, whether it be personnally or through the news, has really missed out on something special. Tuesday, John Challis was claimed by cancer. He was one of the good ones. He left a heavily weighted message about making each day count because you never know when your day will come.


"It's harder for them than it is for me. I mean, my mom's gonna lose her son. What am I going to lose? I'm losing my family, but we're all going to die someday. It's harder on her than it is going to be for anybody. If I'm afraid of anything, that's what I'm afraid of."


He understood things that most of us won't learn for years. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Challis family and we'd just like to say that we've heard his message and it will stick with us forever.


We'll miss you John. God Speed.
You can visit John's Courage for Life Foundation here:


No comments: